Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness - No Satisfaction!
I've been having a little fun with this great meme sponsored by Wednesday Wickedness. Each week, Janera posts quotes from a well-known celebrity, and then poses questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's meme offers quotes from Mick Jagger, of the "undead" Rolling Stones. I'm surprised he can still make coherent statements! Maybe he received a little help from our hostess, Janera!
Here we go!
1. "A good thing never ends," Have you ever had a good thing in your life that never ended?
Mick...isn't the quote, "all good things must come to an end?" Sheesh! What time did you start the IV this morning?
2. "I got nasty habits, I take tea at three." Do you have any nasty habits?
Well, one of them is not attempting to massacre the King's English! If I told you my nasty habits, I would probably lose the bulk of my readers (at least three of the four!)
3. "I'd rather be dead than to be singing "Satisfaction" at 45. He obviously changed his mind. What is something you still do that you thought you'd outgrow?
Yeah, Mick, someones gotta pay the piper! I still dream about becoming famous... or growing up...or something like that.
4. "Lose your dream and lose your mind." Have you lost any of your dreams as time went by?
Yes, I've lost a few, but then I found them, and lost them again. The one that eludes me the most is the one where I'm wearing a size 10.
5. "I haven't had time to return to the scene because I never left it." As you've grown older, in what ways do you still act and think the way you did when you were younger?
I still act like I'm 35 years old...I think that's when my brain started to move south.
6. Patriotism is something that fades when the war starts." How do you react to this quote?
Too many drugs, Mick!
7. "The past is a great place and I don't want to erase it or regret it, but I don't want to be its prisoner either." Is there someone in your life who still treats you as the same person to when you were younger? Do you like it?
Yes, I am treated by some in the same way they treated me when I was younger... like lecturing, etc., and I don't like it. It has, however, made me a stronger person and I can assert myself so that I am taken seriously...sometimes.
8. "It's all right letting yourself go, as long as you pull yourself back." Have you let yourself go in any aspect of your life?
Yes, I let myself go once. The bungee cord broke and I just kept going and going and going... Only a miracle, or a hot fudge sundae could bring me back now!
9. "My mother has always been unhappy with what I do. She would rather I do something nicer, like being a brick layer." How do your parents feel about what you do?
If my parents knew what I was doing, they would roll over in their watery graves! Actually, they would be okay with it, as long as I made the payments on the beach house!
10. "Anarchy is the only slight glimmer of hope." How would you categorize your political point of view?
Now, Mick...how can you say this? Anarchy could only succeed in my country if I were Queen. However, there are those who are trying to make it work without my help!
Thanks for stopping by today! Please pop over to Wicked and say hello! Just click on the logo for Wednesday Wickedness below!