Thursday, August 5, 2010

Friday Fragments, #106 - School Countdown!


As the week began, I calculated the exact amount of days and hours left before I join the ranks of the local middle school! My feelings are mixed; I'm ready to be on a schedule again (it's not like I could have made my own schedule while I was off) and to see some familiar faces. Last year's most obnoxious class was the 7th grade. Guess who will be the trend setters, role models and leaders of the pack? Yup, this year's 8th graders! It should be a non-stop, action-packed and thoroughly fascinating year!

I've been making lists of all the things I didn't get done this summer, and thought if I really busted my butt, I just might get to half of them by the time school starts. NOT! My wonderful temp agency called and offered me a job for next week! Hmmm....clean or make some money....that's a no-brainer, right? So much for my "To Do" list!

Ed has started a new job as a hostess at Olive Garden. I'm very excited for her as it is a considerable step up from the ice cream place where she used to work. She is still in training, but loving every minute of it! The college freshman begins her new journey on August 19th. Katya is looking forward to being a hot-shot high school senior, driving her VW Ghia, and smacking down the incoming freshmen!


Rock (who is really no longer Rock, as the band broke up) has not had much luck finding a job...anywhere...either in his major or otherwise. Welcome to the real world, boy! He has a job waiting for him at our local AMC theater. That really won't be too horrible as family gets in to the movies for free!


Speaking of movies, Mark Wahlberg and Will Ferrell stopped by yesterday for the St. Louis Premiere of "The Other Guys." I tried to get there early so I could tell Mark that I wanted to have his baby, but of course my chauffeur duties got in the way and I never made it to the show! Oh, well!

Thanks for stopping by to read this week's post, hosted by the incredibly awesome Mrs.4444. Click on her name to get to this week's post. Let her know you were by and do enjoy reading some of the other posts that are listed.

Have a wonderful weekend!

This is a blog hop! You're next!

2 comments:

Doreen McGettigan said...

I have just hopped over from Mrs. 4444 to visit; follow and comment..wow..I got a lot done today! I hope when you have the chance you will stop by to say hello!

Mrs4444 said...

What a sweetheart you are. Sorry it's taken me forever to get here! You sure have been busy; you probably didn't even notice, right? haha I think everyone is busy this summer...

Next time, you should offer to be Mr. Wahlberg's chauffeur!

I have two weeks or so left before I have to officially go back, but I'll probably get my feet wet later this week. Where did the summer go?!